Dear HMB community, In t…

Leave a Reply

Dear HMB community,

In the present circumstances and based on the information provided by the National Organizations and National Team Captains, the HMBIA and the Visit Oradea have concluded that the XI HMB World Championship Battle of the Nations in Romania must be rescheduled to a date beyond 2021 but not later than summer 2022. This is to safeguard the health of the athletes, ensure that each and every HMB athlete and National team has an equal opportunity to participate in the Battle of the Nations with given conditions and preserve the stated level of sportsmanship.

We share our National Organization representatives concerns about the worldwide COVID-19 ongoing pandemic and the significant impact it is having on global athletes’ preparations for the World Championship, everybody involved in the Battle of the Nations and the international HMB community.

In the light of recent events throughout the world with the new COVID-19 outbreaks it was decided to study in depth the situation in the countries of the HMBIA presence. National Team captains and National Federation representatives were suggested to answer a survey for collecting the Covid related information focusing on their ability to participate in the international event abroad and the overall current training level of the athletes.

Unfortunately the situation doesn’t look optimistic. Some people aren’t able to afford international trips due to the mandatory self isolation measures on their return, most of the countries still in a state of lockdown and are not allowed to organize qualifying tournaments for defining the national team or even train.

It is in this context that the XI HMB World Championship Battle of the Nations postponement for the next year assumes great significance. HMBIA upholds the sporting spirit of the event, therefore the respect and equal conditions for all national teams and HMB fighters is a must. It is important to mention that the HMBIA honours its commitments and strictly abides by its obligations in the previous agreements with the hosting party of Romania. With regard to cooperation, the negotiations on rescheduling the XI Battle of the Nations will continue in the light of the conclusions.

At the same time, the HMBIA is reviewing the possibility of support towards local/regional tournaments, depending on Covid-19 conditions. With the collaboration and initiative of participating nations, we aim to launch a process which would allow fighters to take advantage of tournaments on a smaller scale with our support.